Eternal
Information
summer, year 3
Thick ice and continuously falling snow blanket the entirety of Eternal, brought upon by Noc's wrath. Shelter is scarce, and food even scarcer. There is no climate or biome that was lucky enough to find themselves safe from the beginnings of the Ice Age and so the residents of Eternal must don their primal survival instincts and to just that ─ survive. Ice blockages have grown supernaturally between the islands, blocking Sunsteppe from Sol and Eventide from Noc, effectively trapping each islander on whichever island they currently stand. The Dragonfrost and dusk leopards from Gleamleaf and greater boreus deer from Mountainfade have seeped into all of Noc, Eventide's spectors and Sunsteppe's sculptors have overrun the central island, and the wolves, Ice Piskys, and Creeping Thistle have invaded all of Sol.
OOC announcements
10.12.18 Noc has descended from the stars, and the reunion with his children, the three deities, is anything but happy. The whole of Eternal has been plunged into an Ice Age, and it seems that, for now, it's up to the deities to restore the islands. Will they be able to do so quickly enough? Or will the residents of Eternal know suffering because of the mishaps spread between Helios, Imbris, and Aya? For now, ice blockages have been erected between the islands, meaning that everyone is stuck where they currently are. Where is your character? Tell us here.

10.4.18 What?! An October raffle?!?!

9.22.18 Be sure to check out our gorgeous new map, complete with clickable links to your favorite territories!

8.4.18 Welcome to Winter, as Year 2 draws to a close! OTY Nominations will be up in a day or two ─ while we wait, please check out the Movie Night survey that was linked in our Discord!

7.28.18: Congratulations to the newest members of our team, our moderators Berb and Witty! Thank you so much to everyone who applied - we appreciate every single one of you.

7.24.18: The staff of Eternal are looking for their first MODERATOR! If you'd like to become a part of our team, click here to apply!

7.14.18 Round Two of the To Lands of Old Quest has been posted! Participants have until 11:59PM EST on July 28 to complete their rapid-fire old school battle posts. The information thread can be found >here!

7.1.18 Round One of the To Lands of Old quest can be found right here! Participants have until the night of the 8th to respond!

7.1.18: Welcome to version two: The Wreckage! Aya, Helios and Imbris have all created a beautiful sanctuary in which the characters we all know and love can come by to pay their respects, to place offerings, and seek counsel with the elusive deities. Furthermore, the database has been updated to reflect each level of an ability, the profiles have been given a complete overhaul, and our new layout is more streamlined than ever!

IC announcements
10.12.18 Noc has descended from the stars, and the reunion with his children, the three deities, is anything but happy. The whole of Eternal has been plunged into an Ice Age, and it seems that, for now, it's up to the deities to restore the islands. Will they be able to do so quickly enough? Or will the residents of Eternal know suffering because of the mishaps spread between Helios, Imbris, and Aya? For now, ice blockages have been erected between the islands, meaning that everyone is stuck where they currently are. Where is your character? Tell us here.

10.4.18 Whatever unknown thing that invaded the southern territories in the middle of spring has snaked its icy fingers out and enveloped those remaining territories that everyone had believed (or hoped) to be safe. Wolves, Creeping Thistle, Pesky Piskys, Blackrock's river... Not even Sunsteppe is safe from the intrusion, though it appears -- at least for now -- that the Wreckage remains untouched. Perhaps it should be investigated?

9.17.18 Something isn't right. Eternal still refuses to warm, even as we progress through spring and near summer. The southernmost territories have begun to notice some changes: from Greater Boreus Deer in Mountainfade, to Dragonfrost in Gleamleaf; frozen sandstorms in Astraldune, and even icy wraiths in Eventide. What happened? And what can be done to return the islands to normal?

9.2.18 Springtime has come, but the frigid winter still remains, enveloping the three islands in ice, snow and brutal wind. There are no flowers, nor grass - no foliage at all. The animals are beginning to suffer, as they emerge from hibernation or birth their young, struggling to find sustenance. The air is thick with tension, as a wretched and unforgiving storm brews still in the distance - will Eternal find reprieve from the cold?

8.4.18 Round Three of the To Lands of Old quest has been posted! The remaining participants have one week to get their posts in. Good luck and have fun!

7.27.18 Astraldune is under new leadership! In the wake of Solomon's disappearance, Helios has placed Gryffen into leadership!

6.26.18 Helios has appeared in Sunsteppe! What could he be doing there?

6.19.18 With magic from Imbris, Totem has been gifted with a daughter of her own, molded from clay and infused with a piece of her own soul. Make sure to check out the thread here!

6.1.18: Welcome to Summer!

5.26.18: The Grotto has been unveiled! Imbris paid a visit to Nymphetamine in Prismacove and led him on an underwater adventure to the Grotto, effectively creating a new sub-board for the residents of Prismacove to explore!

Character of the Year:
LELL
Couple of the Year:
HADERUS & GYPSY
Thread of the Year:
ASTRALDUNE TAKEOVER
Cuz I know that it's delicate [Gypsy]

66 Posts
16 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
Pyrokinesis
[T1-Intermediate]
Mental Immunity [T3]
PLAYED BY:
Stormie

Tryin' to fix your inner issues with a bad bitch
Didn't they tell you that I was a savage?

It had been a few days since Harrier with the boys had gone to Noc to bring Gypsy home. Harrier was worried about the girl since her sister's memories seemed muddled and confused. Not to mention that her own emotions were confused by the coupling of herself and Takhar in her cave. Even in her solitude, his smell lingered and she had to get him out of her brain--at least for a little while. The palomino looked for her golden sister along the shoreline to no avail before she scanned the skies and found no eagle staring back at her. It would seem that Gypsy had managed to make herself scarce as well. Harrier could hardly understand what the champagne mare was going through but she was hoping to be of some sort of comfort. Or maybe even a sounding board.

Delicate lips graze on the banks of the river, keeping and eye as well as her lone ear for any monsters of the deep. Anuket appeared to be missing and Harrier was not sorry for her disappearance. She also thought of where else the jewelry dangling, feather wearing girl could of been. She was not apt to explore the caves the same way that Harrier did. And she wasn't likely to be lounging in the sun the way their panther-brother was no doubt doing currently. She paused for a second when a shadow flew over her but her squinted eyes saw nothing more than a vulture looking for Dante's latest kill. 

But her eyes train towards the top of their canyon home and catch the fleeting silohuette of a mare. She whinnies towards her, before picking up the closest trail to trek up. She lept and covered the ground faster than what was considered safe but she knew these lands since she was a yearling. They did not phase her anymore and the heights no longer brought with them the dizziness of vertigo. When she reached the top she slowed, her head lowered and her body relaxed. "Hey Gypsy." It was more of a statement, though there was the slight twinge of underlying concern. 

@ Gypsy <3
quiet storm

60 Posts
7 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
Aetos Dios Physiology [T1-Intermediate]
PLAYED BY:
Drea
See, I abducted you, so I tell you what to do.
Blood on the leaves, breathe, just breathe.

Gypsy just needs to clear her mind now, nothing seems real, not in the least. Her nest in the highest reaches of Blackrock used to be a haven, a sanctuary for her to hide and collect her thoughts. Now it was only a bitter memory of the day she had a piece of her mind and heart stolen. The tawny mare is redecorating, rearranging the sticks and leaves that litter the rocky plateau, but to no avail. No amount of shuffling random artifacts from one place to the next could help organize her now confused and cluttered mind. A heavy sigh escapes the bird-mare’s lips as she turns her eyes skyward, searching for an answer she knows won’t come.

Heavy hearted, she feels like a wreck. Her thoughts have been racing since the summertime, and she finds it so hard to believe that only a few seasons ago she was here with her family, not a care in the world. What enchantment must have been placed on her that causes her to have doubt in all around her. Although she remembers everything clear as day now, there is a heavy veil of distrust that overshadows all her movements now. Even the ones she had grown up alongside were cause for nervousness, self-doubt. The girl was unfamiliar with the emotions, and had no experience in the oast to refer to to help her through.

A whinny now, reverberating off the canyon walls breaks her from her daydream. Bejeweled ears flick, the hoops clanging together obnoxiously, searching the source of the greeting. The sound of her jewelry is a small comfort, and before she sees the painted filly, she knows the owner of the voice is Harrier. Preparing herself for questions, interrogation, her jade eyes peer over the side of the gorge until the palomino is found. Her expression softens then, and she can’t help but smile gently as she observes the one-eared wonder scaling the steep rock walls to reach her.

A memory comes then, of the times when Harrier was overly-cautious, unsure of herself upon the cliffs, but that mare is no more. The woman climbs like a mountain goat, like she’s been scaling walls all her life, and it makes Gypsy feel something. Backing up a few paces, she makes room for Harrier on the small crow’s nest. The girl’s relaxed body language and soothing voice ease her fears, and Gypsy tries to relax too. Wanting to fill the screaming silence with words of her own, she answers her shoulder-friend, forcing a half-grin.

”Hey Harrier. What’s up?”

Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees. Breathe, just breathe.

66 Posts
16 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
Pyrokinesis
[T1-Intermediate]
Mental Immunity [T3]
PLAYED BY:
Stormie

The years had made her more confident but she was still more cautious than the two stallions that ruled Blackrock with a lackadasical fist. Gypsy had always been more aware of her hesitance, and for that Harrier was grateful. She had been allowed to come into her own skin on her own time and it made for a more confident mare who also could throw caution to the wind on a rare occasion. She suspected that that was why she was looking a little plumper lately. Why her hunger was almost never ending. And why her hormones were all over the place. The palomino hadn't confessed her suspicions to anyone yet, terrified of what verbalizing her thoughts would bring. 

Instead she stands, with chest heaving at the top of the canyon without fear of slipping. She shuffles her feet a little bit, and raises her head. She notes that the smile doesn't quite reach Gypsy's eyes but she forced the interaction onwards. "Wanna go on an adventure?" She gave one of those smiles that spoke of mischief of easier times although she knew that they'd never recapture that again. She nudges her and gives her a childish grin, "Race you! C'mon!" And with that she launches herself down the cliffs, catching herself on the rocks and half sliding, half choosing her own path. As quick as she came up, she found herself on the canyon floor again. 

Sky blue eyes watch for either the golden equine form or the large bird form of her sister from another mister. Her voice echoes out, "C'mon slowpoke!" Harrier waits until she sees Gypsy following her and grins. "I've got a surprise for you." She was excited to show her the latest find in cave exploration. She hadn't even shown Takhar but then again, he had been somewhat absent since their encounter in her own cave. Again, something that Harrier didn't really want to consider or think about. She had seen him from a distance flirting with other mares and it had made her blood boil. 

@ Gypsy <3
quiet storm

60 Posts
7 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
PLAYED BY:
Drea
I just need to clear my mind now, it’s been racing since the summertime, now I’m holding down the summer now.

The painted girl looks a bit unsteady, uncharacteristically fatigued at her climb to the mare’s nest. Memories restored, Gypsy has no problem recalling how light on her feet Harrier was, chasing Tak and her up and down these canyon walls. Perhaps the long trek to retrieve her had been harder on the filly that Gypsy first thought. Often times she has to remind herself that Harrier was not born the same season or year as herself and Tak, and so this has always softened Gypsy to her. Despite breaking a small sweat and panting slightly, Harrier has put on a bit of size, become more curvy and muscular, and Gypsy must admit to herself she looks good. The fire suits Harrier, as she seems to be emitting a lovely glow from her very pores.

Like a puppy, her painted herdmate nudges her, bouncing around a bit with a grin on her face. Gypsy can’t help but allow a soft chuckle to slip from between her lips, but her emerald eyes are still just a bit too sad. When Harrier bobs her one-eared head and invites the champagne bird to take a trip, as much as Gypsy wants to, she never could say no to the younger girl. Just as she opens her mouth to answer with a half-hearted, yet chiding insult, Harrier is bumping her again, wheeling, and off. The only sound left behind is her urging to race. The alpha personality inside of Gypsy just wouldn’t let her turn down a challenge, and in the blink of an eye she’s following that two-toned tail.

The first lady of Blackrock doesn’t feel much like flying anymore. Hesitation, as the shift is second nature to her, she remains in equine form. Skittering down the side of the cliff wall on her goat’s path, she shoves Harrier softly, playfully as she slides by her. Nobody knows the cliffs and heights of Blackrock like Gypsy. The pale mare makes her way to the bottom, using her haunches to push off from the side and land on the dusty red floor with a grunt. Turning around, grinning despite herself, she looks for her sister.

When Harrier reaches her, she whinnies excitedly as she reveals an intriguing mystery for them to explore. ”Oh yeah? Been mapping the place out again Har?” Her eyes dance with a light that’s been gone for sometime. It’s faint, but still there. She remembers these things, knows this is real. It provides Gypsy with some solace on the hot afternoon. Anxious to go, she picks up a perky trot, urgent to go faster again, to stretch her legs. Glancing back at Harrier, she can’t help but ask her about her littermate. ”Where’s Tak? He’s usually not too far from wherever your ass is, stirring up some trouble.” Reaching over to nip gaily at Harrier, she presses onward through the gorge.

All I want is what I can’t buy now, because I ain’t got no money on me right now, and I told you to wait.

66 Posts
16 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
Pyrokinesis
[T1-Intermediate]
Mental Immunity [T3]
PLAYED BY:
Stormie

Harrier was glad to see the champagne girl beat her down to the bottom. It was perhaps the most like the old Gypsy she had seen in months. The palomino tovero laughs as the excited whinny reaches her ears and didn't fear the tumbling of rocks as they followed them down the steep embankment. She knew that they wouldn't hurt them and before she could even answer Gypsy was high-stepping it away from her and the blue eyes drink in the sight. It made her happy to see this small flicker of her carefree older sister. Though they did not grow up together, Harrier regarded Gypsy as the big sister she didn't know she was missing. A quiet guidance through life but it was Gypsy that needed help healing and Harrier had seen some trauma in her short life. Distraction made the pain recede and time healed most wounds. 

She lowers her head just slightly at the accusation that she mapped out the maze of caves in Blackrock. "I mean, someone has to know which ones are good and which...aren't." Thankfully she hadn't met too many dangerous animals in the caves yet. She trots after the other mare, and then plows ahead and folows a small creek that fed into the larger river. She had known that the creek came from one of the underground streams that fed the river but to find it's source, well she hadn't gotten that far. Still what she wanted to show Gypsy the newest find. As she trotted up to the cave entrance, she motion to one of the few drift wood sticks that she had found and placed at the mouth of the cave. "I don't know where Tak is...things between us have been...different." She didn't dare voice her concerns. "Anyways, we deserve some girl time right?" She flashed Gypsy a smile but the reassurance didn't quite meet her eyes.

The firefoot motions towards the sticks with a toss of her head. "You'll need one of those. It's kinda dark in there. And it gets tight for a little bit but I promise it's worth it!" She watches her quietly awaiting the agreement before plunging into the darkness. Well, that and for her to pick up the stick. Gypsy deserved to carry her own light source. Harrier picked up her own and with the smallest amount of focus, the end of the stick lights up with a small flame that was easily controlled. 

@ Gypsy <3
quiet storm

60 Posts
7 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
PLAYED BY:
Drea
See I told you to wait, see I’ma need a little more time now.

The younger sibling she had never asked for was a welcome distraction this afternoon. Her parents had told her on several occasions that she had two brothers and a sister somewhere, but Gypsy had never came upon her other family. Takhar and Harrier had been a wonderful substitution, probably doing more to benefit to the tawny mare’s spirit than they would ever know. Days like today, she was so thankful she had had the unorthodox pair’s presence thrust upon her, even when she didn’t quite know how to show it. When they made it to the bottom, the painted firestarter’s voice brought a smile to Gypsy’s tired features.

Barging ahead, Gypsy watches the way the young mare moves and notes that there is a new sway to her hips, a confidence in her gait that wasn’t there previously. Cocking a curious eyebrow, she can’t help to wonder what’s changed. The roundness of her rump is fuller, overshadowed only by a belly beginning to bulge. Writing it off as only Harrier bulking up for winter and finally growing into her adulthood, they plunge deeper into the darkness. Giggling as Harrier muses on the difference in Tak, Gypsy agrees adamantly. ”Definitely. You guys have both been...changing. I’m not mad though, you’re doing your thing girl!” Nipping a spotted patch of skin, Gypsy sidles closer, looking for a piece of wood at Harrier’s request.

When she finds one that satisfies her, she grabs it between her blunt teeth, awaiting the sparks that are sure to come next when Harrier lights it. Grinning through the bark, she bobs her head, eyes alight with mirth as she awaits their next move. It had been so long since the pair of females had played together, and Gypsy was desperately hoping that she could help secure some facts about her family. Her brain still felt foggy and muddled, and it was so hard for her to be sure of anything nowadays. There is a different level of comfort that comes from the time she spends with Harrier though, and she is thankful that she doesn’t feel on edge or wary like with so much of her life. She’d yet to see the charmed healer that was her mother, but knew before long she’d have to seek the soothsayer out and plead for her to provide her with solutions.

I ain’t got no money on me right now, I thought you could wait, I thought you would wait.

66 Posts
16 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
Pyrokinesis
[T1-Intermediate]
Mental Immunity [T3]
PLAYED BY:
Stormie

She squeals at Gypsy nips at her but then falls into a fit of giggles. The palomino mare was glad that Gypsy didn't pry any further about Takhar. His admission of love for her while angrily leaving her had caused so many mixed emotions that she avoided him for days. It was only this adventure that gave her any sort of relief from their drama. It would seem neither of them had any sort of coping skills to deal with the flood of emotions that came with that sort of confession.  She blew softly on the stick Gypsy held up and it lit up with fire and she made sure to try and slow it's progression. With her own stick in her mouth, she entered the cave, splashing through the cool water and that came about up to their knees. 

The initial entrance was wide enough but it quickly narrowed and lowered, but Harrier only paused for a moment to make sure Gypsy was following before moving forward. As it opens up again, she moved slowly, tip toeing through the water onto a sandy outcropping. It was only her set of foot prints on the sands, and it was clear that she had been here a few times before. The cavern that they entered had all sorts of crystals jutting out at odd angles but nestled between them were small clusters of bats. Through the cracks behind them the sun's light painted some the crystals with enough light to make the whole place glitter. Even the fire that they held in their mouths helped. The sunlight that fell on the small tributary revealed that even the river rocks held crystals. 

Before Gypsy can say much, she drops the fire stick on the sands, and pursing her lips with a small hushing noise before nervously glancing up at caverns occupants for a moment before returning her gaze to Gypsy. She whispered as quietly as she could, "I think they're sorta used to the sunlight but they sleep here when the sun is at it's highest. When it gets lower on the horizon, they fly out but they hate any loud noises. I think they use their hearing more since their eyes are worse than normal bats." She, of course, meant bats that didn't evolve to constant daylight. She hoped that the fierce mare in front of her would appreciate the find. 

@ Gypsy
quiet storm

60 Posts
7 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Blackrock
ABILITIES:
PLAYED BY:
Drea
cold bones, yeah, that’s my love
she glides away, like a ghost
Everyone surrounding me all want something out me, then they talk about me, knowing they’d be lost without me.

Today the laughter comes easily, she knows not what tomorrow will bring her. Gypsy allows herself to be lost in their childish game, to slip into old habits with her younger sister. A warm breath upon her and will skill that far surpassed Gypsy’s understanding, Harrier had made a torch from the driftwood she held between her teeth. It is radiating heat, but not uncomfortable, still the tawny girl takes great care in handling the fire. She probably couldn’t burn the painted palomino, but her own golden pelt...well that was another story. She didn’t care to learn anytime soon if her electrifying powers made her immune to fire.

Harrier had quickly become tight-lipped when they had talked briefly about Takhar, and that was fine with Gypsy. She had her own problems, and quite frankly studs were the last thing she too, wanted to discuss. The assault on her mind was barely behind her, and as close as she felt to her family group here, she didn’t want to relive the hurt any more than she had to. It was bad enough each night she felt like he was still with her, haunting her, hunting her. It was a dangerous tightrope she was walking with her sanity lately.

The cool water woke her from her daydream, and without hesitation she high-stepped alongside her sibling. When the corridor narrows, she falls a few paces behind, but doesn’t crowd the other girl. In time, it opens back up, and she is pleasantly surprised by what greets her as she looks around. The whole place is lit up in all the colors she could ever imagine, she hardly needs her flame anymore. Crystals reflect the light and bend it every which way, and she can see the little animals Harrier nods towards. Grinning, Gypsy finds them quite adorable.

Copying the other woman, she drops her flame and snuffs it out with a stomp in the sand. Venturing closer, she sniffs at the beasties, chuckling quietly. Trying to keep her excited voice hushed, she nods excitedly back at Harrier. ”I like them. They’ve made something out of nothing. They shouldn’t be able to live in this constant daylight, but they can. How did you find them? They’re not even afraid of you, it’s amazing.” Turning to her sibling, she nears her, longing for the closeless she had grown accustomed to for so long.

We could’ve been somebody, thought you’d be different about it. Now I know you’re not it, so let’s get on with it.
Gypsy
comm by: kamiroan-Word Count: -Where's My Love-SYML