Eternal
Information
summer, year 3
Thick ice and continuously falling snow blanket the entirety of Eternal, brought upon by Noc's wrath. Shelter is scarce, and food even scarcer. There is no climate or biome that was lucky enough to find themselves safe from the beginnings of the Ice Age and so the residents of Eternal must don their primal survival instincts and to just that ─ survive. Ice blockages have grown supernaturally between the islands, blocking Sunsteppe from Sol and Eventide from Noc, effectively trapping each islander on whichever island they currently stand. The Dragonfrost and dusk leopards from Gleamleaf and greater boreus deer from Mountainfade have seeped into all of Noc, Eventide's spectors and Sunsteppe's sculptors have overrun the central island, and the wolves, Ice Piskys, and Creeping Thistle have invaded all of Sol.
OOC announcements
10.12.18 Noc has descended from the stars, and the reunion with his children, the three deities, is anything but happy. The whole of Eternal has been plunged into an Ice Age, and it seems that, for now, it's up to the deities to restore the islands. Will they be able to do so quickly enough? Or will the residents of Eternal know suffering because of the mishaps spread between Helios, Imbris, and Aya? For now, ice blockages have been erected between the islands, meaning that everyone is stuck where they currently are. Where is your character? Tell us here.

10.4.18 What?! An October raffle?!?!

9.22.18 Be sure to check out our gorgeous new map, complete with clickable links to your favorite territories!

8.4.18 Welcome to Winter, as Year 2 draws to a close! OTY Nominations will be up in a day or two ─ while we wait, please check out the Movie Night survey that was linked in our Discord!

7.28.18: Congratulations to the newest members of our team, our moderators Berb and Witty! Thank you so much to everyone who applied - we appreciate every single one of you.

7.24.18: The staff of Eternal are looking for their first MODERATOR! If you'd like to become a part of our team, click here to apply!

7.14.18 Round Two of the To Lands of Old Quest has been posted! Participants have until 11:59PM EST on July 28 to complete their rapid-fire old school battle posts. The information thread can be found >here!

7.1.18 Round One of the To Lands of Old quest can be found right here! Participants have until the night of the 8th to respond!

7.1.18: Welcome to version two: The Wreckage! Aya, Helios and Imbris have all created a beautiful sanctuary in which the characters we all know and love can come by to pay their respects, to place offerings, and seek counsel with the elusive deities. Furthermore, the database has been updated to reflect each level of an ability, the profiles have been given a complete overhaul, and our new layout is more streamlined than ever!

IC announcements
10.12.18 Noc has descended from the stars, and the reunion with his children, the three deities, is anything but happy. The whole of Eternal has been plunged into an Ice Age, and it seems that, for now, it's up to the deities to restore the islands. Will they be able to do so quickly enough? Or will the residents of Eternal know suffering because of the mishaps spread between Helios, Imbris, and Aya? For now, ice blockages have been erected between the islands, meaning that everyone is stuck where they currently are. Where is your character? Tell us here.

10.4.18 Whatever unknown thing that invaded the southern territories in the middle of spring has snaked its icy fingers out and enveloped those remaining territories that everyone had believed (or hoped) to be safe. Wolves, Creeping Thistle, Pesky Piskys, Blackrock's river... Not even Sunsteppe is safe from the intrusion, though it appears -- at least for now -- that the Wreckage remains untouched. Perhaps it should be investigated?

9.17.18 Something isn't right. Eternal still refuses to warm, even as we progress through spring and near summer. The southernmost territories have begun to notice some changes: from Greater Boreus Deer in Mountainfade, to Dragonfrost in Gleamleaf; frozen sandstorms in Astraldune, and even icy wraiths in Eventide. What happened? And what can be done to return the islands to normal?

9.2.18 Springtime has come, but the frigid winter still remains, enveloping the three islands in ice, snow and brutal wind. There are no flowers, nor grass - no foliage at all. The animals are beginning to suffer, as they emerge from hibernation or birth their young, struggling to find sustenance. The air is thick with tension, as a wretched and unforgiving storm brews still in the distance - will Eternal find reprieve from the cold?

8.4.18 Round Three of the To Lands of Old quest has been posted! The remaining participants have one week to get their posts in. Good luck and have fun!

7.27.18 Astraldune is under new leadership! In the wake of Solomon's disappearance, Helios has placed Gryffen into leadership!

6.26.18 Helios has appeared in Sunsteppe! What could he be doing there?

6.19.18 With magic from Imbris, Totem has been gifted with a daughter of her own, molded from clay and infused with a piece of her own soul. Make sure to check out the thread here!

6.1.18: Welcome to Summer!

5.26.18: The Grotto has been unveiled! Imbris paid a visit to Nymphetamine in Prismacove and led him on an underwater adventure to the Grotto, effectively creating a new sub-board for the residents of Prismacove to explore!

Character of the Year:
LELL
Couple of the Year:
HADERUS & GYPSY
Thread of the Year:
ASTRALDUNE TAKEOVER
I guess I’ll go home now (Imbris)

39 Posts
8 Threads
SPECIES:
Equine
ORIENTATION:
Heterosexual
DOMICILE:
Gleamleaf
ABILITIES:
Ice Transmutation
[T2 - Intermediate]
Periodic Morphing
[T3]
PLAYED BY:
Pride

As soon as she could get away from Gleamleaf, she did. She had taken the time to talk further to Grim, soothing the bruises left by the sting of his words and reassuring him that every fiber of her being wanted him to actively raise their child with her. She wanted to be able to tell him “your turn” and go take a break in the quiet calm of the embankment knowing full well they were on the same page about their child. She wanted it so fully that is scared her, her life proving that more often than not, things you want were taken, cruelly and without ceremony. And so she had retreated from the Kraken in the knowledge she had, held it secret to protect her heart, out of fear of losing something that she only just realized the extent is which she cared for it,.

The fight had been terrible, both their emotions on edge from the events of that morning, and now that she knew the brunt of it was over, she needed time to self-soothe, to be sad and hurt and guilty, without having to see the Kraken she loved more than she knew what to do with. Without having to see the lingering hurt in his eyes when he looked at her. He had taken a place in her heart from the moment they met, without rhyme or reason. Though, now, she had more than enough reasons to explain how that feeling grew in her chest. Even as she left Gleamleaf, it wasn’t for herself alone. Grimdark was hurt, and she left to get a healer...and spend some time alone.

Vessel reached the mainland in the evening, her night vision assisting her in the less than familiar terrain. Eventide was cold as well, and the foggy haze surely hid predators. Her black tipped ears swiveled endlessly listening for signs of trouble. And while she sensed no trouble, she also found no one who could help the Kraken.  Her two toned body moved slowly, weak and tired, but she never stopped trudging into the pit of the night. As she wandered she found herself at the base of the temple that housed Imbrisis’ shrine. Vessel’s amethyst eyes looked up st the temple, eying the grand structure with awe but also with a tiredness in her eyes, she needed to rest, and surely the temple would be safe. With some reluctance she closed in on the temple, taking in its beauty, and smiling at the relief the respite from the cold.

As her slender frame, with the slightly rounded belly slowly sauntered through the space, the frustration rose in her chest. She hadn’t been able to find a healer, and Grim needed one, his wounds reopening and the lashes were not clotting normally. She couldn’t come back with nothing, she had been nothing but a burden on him so far, and she needed to lift that weight from his shoulders. But how? If there were no healers to be found how could she help him?

The more she walked and worked down the rabbit hole that was her current thought pattern, the more she realized she needed a change. A change to allow her to not just be in his world water, but to be her own in his world. So he didn’t have to worry about her. Vessel has lost track of where she was, she had wondered somewhere out the back of the temple and was standing before a grand basin of crystalline water. Imbrisis’ shrine.

Vessel had more than enough reasons to hate water, and yet her life seemed to keep here locked to it, by life, and death, and love. So without knowing exactly what she expected to happen or, what she would specifically ask for if the goddess appeared, her black hooves stepped to the edge of the basin. Slowly she enters, fighting back the weary concern eating at her mind.

he’s lucky I love him… has me acting like a crazy person… willingly walking into this basin,.. She mused but didn’t stop, and when she reached the center, with its intriguing circular shape, she stopped. Her eyes gland around. Was she to call out, or did the water goddess simply show? Was it rude to call out? Thoughts were wiping around her mind, but always in the back of her mind was the image of Grim wavering on his feet, and an urgent need to make haste. So she called for Imbris in her mind, not wishing to disturb the pease of the shrine, praying she came quickly.

Vessel

look me in the heart

Deity

83 Posts
17 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Homeless
ABILITIES:
Magic
[Advanced]
PLAYED BY:
Sii
Each is another and no other: crossing and vanishing
through their empty names: water, stone, wind.

Grimdark.

One way or another, the kraken-king seems to be tied into every conversation she's had as of late, so it's of no surprise to the cerulean goddess that the Captain of Gleamleaf is at the forefront of the bald-faced mare's mind when she arrives at the circular pit waterfall. It glows blue from within itself, growing brighter as Imbris draws nearer to the shrine. Her strides are silent and graceful against the hardened earth as she pulls up beside the overo mare, her own green gemstone eyes looking into the still water basin at the same spot that Vessel's are.

"You're troubled," she muses to the girl, taking a moment to turn her gaze and inspect the newest mortal to find a place beside the glowing pool. She shakes her head to rid her view of a tousled, sea-soaked forelock and offers the mare a small grin despite the worry that has become a perpetually present rock within the pit of her stomach. She has much to worry about in Eternal right now, but she dare not let her conversations with its residents lapse, lest they come to her with information she had yet to happen upon.

"How can I help you Vessel? I see the Kraken in your mind," she adds as an afterthought, curious if he has yet brought his harem to the Wreckage for sustenance, or if he has become trapped within the heart of Gleamleaf thanks to Dragonfrost and Dusk Leopards.

Another pang of guilt rocks her stomach and Imbris hopes that they will soon find the catalyst for these oddities. She dare not think about what could happen if it is not resolved quickly.
Imbris

@ Vessel
[Image: 2cSoOp8.gif]

39 Posts
8 Threads
SPECIES:
Equine
ORIENTATION:
Heterosexual
DOMICILE:
Gleamleaf
ABILITIES:
Ice Transmutation
[T2 - Intermediate]
Periodic Morphing
[T3]
PLAYED BY:
Pride

The water about her black hooves took on an iridescence that grew brighter and brighter with each second. The change made Vessel tense, and eye the otherwise pure and pristine water with an air of caution. But the glow intensified and soon the form of Imbris appeared before her. Her form was pure magnificence, and her cerulean coat and golden baubles were almost too overwhelming to make eye contact. But she did look at the goddess, surprised that she would come to her, a water wary mortal. Imbrisis’ voice filled her mind, and space, without raising her volume, her tone lyrical with comforting wise notes. ”Yeah…. I hate water.” She blurted it out with a bit of a chuckle forgetting herself, and her amethyst eyes nearly bulge out of her sockets when she realized she told the water goddess she hated the very thing the goddess was known for loving and protecting.  Vessel shifted suddenly uneasy, ”Oh! No offense, I- mean... I’m Sorry….Its just water has brought a fair share of pain and suffering my in my life.” She fumbled an explanation.. But surely the goddess knew what was in her mind.

Her black dipped lips let a sigh fall while the Goddess, knowing all things, reached for the point of why her nervous land-loving self had requested her presence. I see the Kraken in your mind.  Vessel nodded slowly trying to find the words for what it was that she needed. ”Sometimes I wish he wasn’t on my mind… but he always is. I love him, and he loves the water. His life is so centered around it, but I could never go in it again and I’d be ok. “  She rambled a bit, trying to frame what she wanted still surprised at how easily her secrets rolled from her tongue in front of the goddess. Until finally, she saw what it is that drew her here clearly in her mind. ”I want to be able to be a part of his world, on my own terms, without the constant weight of his concern for me, or more so us. He’s a complicated beast and he drives me crazy with his over protective machismo; but, I don’t pretend to be the only love in his life (not that he’s said it, the love thing, she thought)but I want to show him, I’m worth the devotion he has shown me, even if I am annoyed with him. And you know he is a man of actions, not words… and I’m willing to trade the night vision you and your siblings so kindly gifted me.

Sometime during her self-realizing talk, she had found confidence, and her posture shifted- her head rising an inch or two while her chest protruded proudly. She did want this. She wanted to be ok with water, to be equipped to fight against the things that had brought her pain, and suffering, or a feeling of helplessness. Vessel loved Grim’s devotion to the liquid substance that brought him a sense of calm that was visible on his face when he entered it. Vessel wanted to ensure she would never be a damper to that feeling, and being able to more fully control herself in the water would give her power over what happened within the depth of the cool blue river or the salty oceans. The confidence she felt before the goddess, in her request, in her feelings, and her standing with Grim (in spite of the fight they just had) was surely visible as she looked the goddess in the eye with a calm determination.  This felt right, just like seeing Grim come home to their nest felt right. It was just a matter of if the water goddess would agree and grant her the assistance her sought.

Vessel

look me in the heart

@Imbris
Deity

83 Posts
17 Threads
SPECIES:
ORIENTATION:
DOMICILE:
Homeless
ABILITIES:
Magic
[Advanced]
PLAYED BY:
Sii
Each is another and no other: crossing and vanishing
through their empty names: water, stone, wind.

An uncharacteristic giggle falls from the lips of the cerulean goddess as Vessel fumbles over her words in embarrassment. "I won't hold it against you," she says warmly and with residual laughter, "I can see that it hasn't always been kind to you." Her fear of the water reminds Imbris of the sunset-man she had met in Graystone ─ he who had been so terrified of the darkness that a manipulation of light was the only feasible magic she could grant to the quivering soul. Iovir. She wonders about his well-being for a fleeting moment before her attention is drawn back to Grimdark's consort and her rambled words.

Imbris listens attentively with swiveling, pricked ears and bright emerald eyes. She nods Vessel on whenever she falters, urging her to continue until she finally voices what it is, exactly, she hopes the Goddess of the Sea will be able to grant her.

The power to be a part of Grimdark's world. Her world. Imbris smiles at the woman's courage, at her desire to use her love for the kraken-king as fuel to dive beneath the waves and truly know him. "Never mind anyone else he may find himself distracted by; the kraken rarely knows what is good for him. Your soul is good for his, Vessel, even if the depths of the ocean separate you. You are worthy of his devotion just as you stand before me now, a creature of the earth," she pauses, pensive, as those glowing green eyes turn away from Vessel and to her shrine of glowing water before them.

"Come," she beckons to the girl as she steps into the perfectly circular basin.

Imbris pushes tendrils of her magic into the still water and towards Vessel. It appears as blood would in crystalline water, but a vibrant dark blue instead of the deep crimson of lifesblood. It entwines between Vessel's legs before clinging to the back ones and sinking into the depths of her skin with a comforting warmth. "Think about your reason for being here, Vessel. Concentrate on it," Imbris tells the bald-faced woman with the curve of a smile at her lips. "Concentrate on Grimdark whenever you enter the water and your new tail will emerge. Gills, too. Ensure that you are careful, though, as these are not permanent ─ you will need to spend at least half your time on land."

"Come back to me in a year and we will see about making you a true shifter, if it's what your heart still wants." She touches Vessel's cheek gently before disappearing into the pool, gone as quietly as she had arrived.

@ Vessel has been granted PERIODIC MORPHING [T3 - LONGTAIL RYUKIN TAIL & GILLS]!
This ability is replacing Vessel's Night Vision [T3].

This ability gives the user the capability to morph a portion of their body, though not permanently, and not for extended periods of time. The user will be able to sustain their morphed state for only half the time, unless otherwise agreed upon by the deities.

Imbris

So worry for the delay girlfrand ♥
[Image: 2cSoOp8.gif]